In Harmony with Your Needs
With 130 students ranging in age from five to 95, The Filomen M. D’Agostino Greenberg Music School at Lighthouse International is dedicated to helping people pursue their interest in, and study of, music while overcoming the challenges posed by vision loss. Students include children and young people enrolled in public and private schools, colleges and universities; professional musicians — and anyone interested in enrichment through lifelong musical learning.
Founded in 1913, our Music School is dedicated to artistic and educational excellence, garnering high regard among music schools in the New York area. Today, it stands proudly as the only community music school in the country for people who are visually impaired. We also serve as a resource to music educators and performers nationwide as the leading provider of accessible music instruction.
Special Summer Offering to Teachers Nationwide:
BRAILLE MUSIC WORKSHOP
- Music Educators
- Teachers of the Visually Impaired (TVIs)
- Anyone interested in helping people with vision loss
- Learn the principles of Braille music code
- Hands-on training of music notation and Braille music translator software
- Resources: Assistive Music Technology
- Friday, July 12 - Sunday July 14, 2013
- View the 2012-2013 Music School catalog for information on course offerings, admission criteria, policies and procedures, and more! (PDF Download)
- Sign up for the Music School mailing list
- Follow the Lighthouse Music School on Twitter
Updates on the latest concert series, student performances and events at the Lighthouse Music School.
Our professional-quality individual music studios, classrooms, and rehearsal spaces are located at the heart of Manhattan - but don't come with the Park Avenue price tag.
All programs at The Filomen M. D’Agostino Greenberg Music School are made possible, in part, by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature; and the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council. The Music School is a member of the National Guild for Community Arts Education.