Even if you have not experienced eye problems in the past, you should see an ophthalmologist if:
- You experience a change in vision in one or both eyes, such as blurring, double vision, blind spots, flashing lights or floaters.
- In your eyes, you experience pain, persistent irritation, itching, discharge or the sensation of a foreign body.
- You have had recurrent conjunctivitis, or red eyes.
- You experience problems with too many or too few tears.
- You are currently taking steroids orally for any other condition.
- You have a growth on the eyelid or the eyelid is incorrectly positioned.
- You are diabetic.