Join the Lighthouse Double Up 4 Vision® Team for the 2014 TD Five Boro Bike Tour!
On May 4, 2014, 32,000 cyclists will ride through all five boroughs of New York City on a 40-mile, traffic-free ride that crosses five major bridges, travels past many of our City’s iconic landmarks and celebrates the joys of riding a bicycle.
Ride with Lighthouse Guild and InTandem in the 2014 TD Five Boro Bike Tour and celebrate the life of Artie Elefant, who never let his own vision loss slow him down and whose passion and perseverance made tandem bicycle riding accessible and available to people of all ages with vision loss and other disabilities. Read about Artie’s inspirational life here.
Your participation and support will honor Artie’s legacy while raising critically important funding for programs and services that help people who have vision loss or other disabilities lead the same independent, productive and active lifestyle as everyone else.
The fundraising minimum for this event is $1,000 per rider/participant. All fundraising must be completed by June 30, 2014.
Each rider will receive:
• Guaranteed entry into the 2014 TD Five Boro Bike Tour
• First wave VIP and Charity start – in a field of 32,000 riders, cyclists riding for charity start first
• Exclusive Double Up 4 Vision® with Artie’s Ride team custom-made bike jersey
• Light breakfast at the start and lunch at the Charity tent at the finish
• Personal fundraising page, fundraising tips and support from Lighthouse and InTandem staff.
• Invite to special events
• Option to purchase additional Double Up 4 Vision® team gear
Single cyclists are welcome and tandem bicycle riders are encouraged! Tandem bicycle riding is a great way to partner sighted riders with riders with impaired vision. If you are interested in being part of a tandem team, please let us know!
For questions or additional information or to secure your spot on the Double Up 4 Vision® team, please call Sarah Tate Richmond, Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations, Lighthouse Guild at (212) 821-9374 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.