The Volunteer Recognition Award Ceremony was created in 2007 with the help of the Lighthouse Volunteer Advisory Committee, members of the Volunteer Resources Department staff and input from the Lighthouse Personnel Practices Committee (a group of Lighthouse employees who represent departments across the Lighthouse). It has been designed to promote superior performance among all volunteers, and recognize outstanding contributions made by individual volunteers.
Selected volunteers, groups and/or corporations are presented with special awards in six specific categories. The nominations will be reviewed and awarded through a specific nomination process. Lighthouse employees and volunteers themselves can nominate potential recipients.
Award recipients are selected by a committee consisting of members of the People Committee and individual volunteers who represent other Lighthouse volunteer groups or support other Lighthouse departments or offices.
2013 Volunteer Award Recipients
Seventh Annual Volunteer Recognition Awards Ceremony
Thursday, June 13, 2013, 6 – 8 pm
111 East 59th Street, New York City
Cocktail Reception from 6– 8 pm
The Awards Ceremony will occur during the Reception
2012 Volunteer Award Recipients
- The Winifred and Edith Holt Award for Distinguished Volunteer Service:Roger O. Goldman
- Community Partnership Award: Givaudan Fine Fragrances Corporation
- Special Events Awards: Dolly Borgia
- The Judy Van Nostrand Leadership Award:Marylyn Malkin
- Philanthropy Award:Lauren M. Oplinger
- Professional Services Award:James Lewis
- Recording Services Award:John C. Graves, ESQ.
- Reading Services Award:William Kable
- General Support Services Award:Ilona Gartenbaum
- Corporate Partnership Award: Genentech, Inc.
- Youth Services Award: Gabriel Gillen
- President’s Lifetime Service Award: Barbara Munder Riordan